Followers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ellen Fitzgerald Sang It, Too

It seems like fall is right around the corner. The weather has cooled to a tolerable degree, and it's nice to get out and romp a bit with My Boy in the evenings. Went for a romp without him last night. Got in trouble for it. Didn't much care, though, except I'm back on leash now. Cramps my style somewhat.


Sometimes we take in critters other than cats and dogs to foster. Yesterday the Animal Control Officer brought us a young bird. I have a feeling he won't be with us too long. His landing gear works well, but his flappers need a little exercise before he takes off. A couple days of R&R should have him sailing right out the door. The first inkling I had that another bird was in the house was when I heard, "Woo-oo-oo-oo..." What a sad sound. My Boy says that it is called a turtledove, also a mourning dove because they have such a sad song.

I wonder if he knows Melancholy Baby? I can hum a few bars to get him started...
~Tell

5 comments:

Tucker said...

Hi, I just found you from another WFT's blog, maybe Gus? I forget now. You have to forgive me cuz I'm old (will be 14 next month) and also blind and probably deaf, but I'm a happy guy. As soon as my typer (my momma) figures out how to get her name off the follow button I'll be one of your followers. We're practically neighbors cuz I live in Kansas! My humans' son-in-law is an animal control officer so he and their daughter do a lot of fostering. My two sisters are rescued, well actually all four of us are. Anyway, nice to meet you!

Molly the Airedale said...

Mourning doves are so pretty and sweet. We sure hope he makes it!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Rudy said...

Tell, when will ya learn man? It's no fun being on a leash. But let's look at it this way, the boy and mom just want you to be safe and with them!! Oh my goodness, I don't think a bird would last long here in my house. My sister just LOVES bird feathers, and I find it kinda fun to chase them.
Be good!
love ya
Rudy

Dewey Dewster said...

Hey Tell.....

Nice house guest that ya have there. I guess by now he has moved on ta greener pastures.....or high tress anyway....

Did he sing the song with ya? That would make fer a strange duet but a melodious one.....fer sure....

Dewey Dewtser here....

TwoSpecialWires said...

I have to admit. I'm a wee bit jealous. There's just something about birds (and cats and fish) that I love. In a very special sort of way. I know. I know. There's something weird about me. But that's who I am. And I'm proud of it.

So. If you need a bird sitter. I'm your dog.

xxoo
Jake (and Fergi)