Followers

Monday, May 17, 2010

I Do A Little Spring Cleaning

I learned my lesson about climbing fences quite a while back. As you may remember, My Family tried everything to get me to stay home, but being an adventurer at heart, I couldn't resist levitating over the fence and having a free day now and then. As a last attempt to curtail my wanderings, My Family stretched a tiny little wire along the top of the fence. I laughed. Won't hold me, I thought. That itty bitty thing? Until I stuck my snoot to it. Lost a few brain cells that time, I'm tellin' you. No more giant leaps for me. I dig under the fence now.

So now that I'm on my best behavior as far as boosting myself over the boundary, I decided to help tidy up the yard this spring. Along with digging up some sweetpea and iris plants, I removed part of the hot wire on the fence (don't worry, it's been turned off practically forever now). Just a few more of these insulators to go, and you'll never know this place used to be locked up tighter than Alcatraz.
~Tell

8 comments:

Agatha and Archie said...

Ha Ha that's our boy! You should have stuck with the digging inthe first place.We are much better at that anyway!!!! Love A and A

Gus said...

Oh Tell, please don't leave your lovely farm. Just think how much Cap and all the rest of us would miss ya.

Stay there. Dig up some more plants, make a nice cool hole under a tree for the summer heat.

kisses
teka toy

Jake of Florida said...

Oh dear. You're at it again? Tell, trust us fellow WFTs -- leaving home is not a good thing. Honest.

While we admire your cleverness at finding ways out -- we think you may need to reconsider the results.

Wirey love,

Jake and Just Harry

Bobby said...

This escape lark is no good, living on grass instead of nice food. Stay at home, there is no place like it.

Molly the Airedale said...

We've heard those electric wires pack a mean punch! yeeeeeeoooowwwwwwie!
Digging is much less painful, Cap!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Eric said...

Haaa!! You are such a smart one Tell. But doh! Didn't your leggeds know a wire knows exactly how to remove a wired fence? Keep to digging Tell but don't leave home. cap needs you. I'm wagging to read he's better, tell him he's a handsome looker and pretty spry too. Way to go Cap!

Wiry love Eric xxx

Asta said...

Tell
You cewtainly an adventoowew at heawt..of couwse it's in ouw blood, that's why mommi nevew evew lets me off leash unless we'we totally fenced in in the wun and she's watching me wif hew eagle eyes. Pawsonally, i wish you good luck wif youw dig to Ostwalia. i think it must be a bootiful place and the fwiends thewe awe pawsome
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Dewey Dewster said...

Oh Tell.....we just love yer farm tales....good thing there's no electric in those insulators.....don't ya just want ta sniff around the yard???? We miss goin' ta Grandma Judy's farm somethin' fierce.....

Dewey Dewster here.....