Followers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Better Than A Rabbit's Foot

Out doing a bit of roaming around today, helping My Boy with things he needs help with. He's always needing my supervision. No telling what trouble he'd get into without my guidance. Here he is holding Ruby Tuesday's baby, Giacomo. He's almost as big as My Boy is now! Queen Ruby likes My Boy and doesn't seem to mind. She's a good mama.


While we were checking out the cow and calf, I noticed Glynn had found something very interesting in the grass. I mosied over to see what she was doing, and she told me that she had found a bumper crop of four-leaf clovers and was collecting some to press and keep for good luck.

She said it's easy as pie to find a four-leaf clover. Just stare at the clover patch and one would jump right out at me. She had already found several to press, like this one.

Never in my whole eight years have I found a four-leaf clover. Not even close. I've never even caught a rabbit's foot, so I was a bit skeptical. Still, I gave it a go, and I stared at that clover patch until my eyes were crossed.

And then, would you believe, I found one! I was so excited I did a Snoopy dance. Glynn showed me how to press it when we got back to the house. Though it isn't a perfect specimen, I'm proud of it. A dog like me can never have too much good luck!

Wishing every dog and hammie out there a safe and fun-filled Memorial Day weekend.
~Tell

5 comments:

Inky and Molly said...

I have a knack for finding them too.
I would pull pinkie on the lead and stop right in front of a batch of clovers, than stare at pinkie, then stare at the four-leafed one so she can pick it out for me. I guess we're just very special - and very lucky!!
Inky

Princess Patches said...

You're a lucky dog even without 4 leaf clovers, Tell! You live in a great place...with cows and calves, 4 leaf clovers and lots of other interesting stuffs!

Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

Gus said...

Ah Tell, that was so nice of Glynn to help you save your very first four leaf clover. good luck to both of you.

gussie n teka

Eric said...

Aw Tell how clever of you finding the clover. I often do that snoopy dance too but never over a four leaf clover. You are going to be one lucky dog. Hope you can find another one for Giaacomo too, he's very cute.

Wiry loves Eric xx

Bobby said...

Wow two four leaf clovers, go put the lotto on. We have searched and never found one.