Followers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Try My Hand at Poetry

Ode to a Kitty

I think that I shall never spy

A thing so lovely to my eye

As a striped kitten on the lawn...

But wait, I blinked and she was gone!


Oh lovely kitty, where did you go?

I'm looking for you high and low.

Come out, come out, and play with me.

Together we'll have fun, you'll see.


I know lots of games that we can play,

Like Hide the Kitty in the Hay,

Or Chase My Friend Around the Yard.

It's so much of fun, the rules aren't hard.


If Hide and Seek is your cup of tea,

Go right ahead, don't wait on me.

I'll cover my eyes and count to ten

And we will let the fun begin!


Ah, there you are, tabby dear,

I can see your twitching ear

Behind the bumper of the car.

Don't run away, you won't get far.


Through the bushes, up a tree,

Across the roof? You can't fool me!

Now you're on the front porch rail,

Showing me your bushy tail.


Ah, sweet feline, now it's time

To end this fun-filled game of mine.

Here comes My Boy, he has my leash,

So I will leave you now in peace.


Until next time...
~Tell

6 comments:

TwoSpecialWires said...

Wow. Tell. Can you teach us how to do that? You are GOOD! And, we'd love to see what happened if we were around a nice kitty like that.

Duly impressed,
Jake and Fergi xxoo

Noah the Airedale said...

G'day Tell we love your poem
That kitty would be in strife if we were there.

Noah xx

New moon said...

Wao what a beautiful picture. thanks for sharing it...

Jokes Sms

Gus said...

Wow...great poem Tell.

But, uh, Do you really like that kitty? I make such a fuss that they all run away. I don't understand that.

You are much wiser.

Can you please explain?

Gussie

Molly the Airedale said...

What at great poet you are, Tell! We hope you made friends with that kitty!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Agatha and Archie said...

HA!! That was FABULOUS!!! but you don't really like that kid right? Love A+A