Followers

Friday, January 4, 2008

Girl Dogs

Don't get me wrong, I like girl dogs, especially my little sis, Glynn. Although she doesn't play Tug-of-War, she will give a good game of chase (which is my second favorite game). We share our dinner bowls every day. Her favorite place to sleep is curled up next to me. Anywhere I go, my little shadow follows.

But girl dogs sometimes give mixed signals that we fellows don't understand. Mom and Dad have a hard time figuring out Glynn, too. Is she spayed, or not? The rescue group didn't know. I don't even think Glynn knows for sure. Don't ask me, I plead ignorance. Cap's also confused, but with his age I'm not surprised.

Last week, College Kid took Glynn on a long car ride to the big teaching university in Stillwater. The vets there looked Glynn over from tip to teakettle, poking and feeling all around. Glynn has always been a shy girl, and this was not something she enjoyed very much. She said the scariest part was when they rolled her over and squirted cold goo on her tum-tum so they could see her insides with an ultrasound. She was so tense and nervous that the doctor leaned over and told her, "It's going to be alright, sweetheart, really!" Maybe he likes his tum-tum rubbed, but Glynn doesn't.

After all the tests, the doctors said that Glynn has been spayed, but a remnant of ovarian tissue was left behind and is still producing hormones. I don't know what any of that means, but at least she won't be having surgery or puppies. Glynn says that's just dandy with her.

When Glynn got home that night, she was stressed and tired from the long day. She's definitely a homebody and doesn't like leaving the house or yard. I worried about her for a little while, but she settled down soon and went right to sleep.

The next morning, Glynn was bouncing around and nipping me like she always does. She ate a big breakfast, then we romped around the yard. Things are back to normal.

Well, normal for Glynn, anyway. And that's fine by me, too.
~Tell

11 comments:

Lenny said...

Good for Glynn! She's tough when it counts!

Happy new year, Tell!

Your friend, Lenny

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Glynn...I would hate to have anyone one squirt cold goopie stuff on my tummy section to look for missing parts...how invasive...

At least ya know what ya got in there...but, it musta been so skeery while they did it.

Sounds like Tell is trying to be guy supportive, but he doesn't really know how...

Well, we female doggies feel you shyness!! Ya did great, Girlfriend and we're proud of you!!!

Girl Barks,
Lacie

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Glynn,

Blush...tonguetied...we don't know what to say....

Um..how's the weather?

Scruffy and Babystan

Katie said...

We are so glad that Glynn is OK. Sometimes it is tough being a girl.

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Tell, glad to hear that Glynn's OK. Going to the vet is NEVER any fun. Hope she got extra treats in compensation! J x

Agatha and Archie said...

Boy oh boy,tell Glynn we TOTALLY understand.The WORST part is when they use that thermoter thing!!!Geesh...Glad all is well though! Love A+A

The Black and Tans. said...

Glad you are home now Glynn and all those nasty tests are over and done with.

Molly and Taffy

Noah the Airedale said...

Sounds like Glynn is back to her normal self after her yucky day at the vet. The cold goo doesn't sound very pleasant I have to say!!

The things gals have to put up with .

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Asta said...

Tell
I'm glad Glnn is OK and the nasty tests awe ovew with..sometimes it's no fun being a giwl you know..she has my sympathies! I think you'we being a vewy sweet big Bwuvvew ! and so is Cap ..all in all I suwe would like to have bwuvvews like you.....BTW. I like to play tug,heheh
smoochie kisses
Asta

Wired for Mackie said...

Glad Glynn is okay! Give her soe smoochies every once in awhile- I've learned that girl dogs like that!!! heheheh!

Your pals, Mackie and Finnegan

Stanley said...

Way Hey for Glynn! So glad she doesn't need any surgery now. She was a pretty brave chica to go to the vet so far away.

Sounds like she's fitting in with her brothers. Glad she has a great home with you and your peeps!

Goober love,
Stanley