Followers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just Truckin'

While cruising around town running errands, we saw something very unusual on the highway. Of course, we had to stop and take a closer look. Here's something you don't see every day. Can you guess what it is?

We asked and found out it was a convoy of airplane wings! We saw four of them being moved by big trucks. And where are the rest of the planes? We dunno, but we figure they'll join up together soon. Kinda like when My Boy builds his model planes, only on a bigger scale. You can be sure we'll be watching for more pieces of aircraft on this stretch of highway.


This group traveling together made me wonder what it would be like to travel in a big rig, hauling cool things around the country and seeing all the sights. Living on the road like that, there's no telling what we might run across. Or over, depends on who's driving. I think I might make a good long-haul companion. Might even see me on that TV show called Trick My Truck. Can't you just see my big mug painted on the side of one of those? I'd be grinnin', for sure!
~Tell

13 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Wow! Those are big wings that truck is haulin'! We've never seen anything like this before!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That's so HUGE.. I wonder if they need lots of glue to stick it together to the plane body

~ Girl girl

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

That wing is GINORMOUS. I don't think I'd ever see something like that where I live! I too quite fancy life on the open road. J1 doesn't drive though, so that's kind of thwarted my plans! Hehehe! J x

Xsara and Tani said...

I've never seen anything like this in my entire life!

Princess Patches said...

That is a really cool thing to see! I bet those trucks exceed the 53' limit!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey we would never have guessed they were aeroplane wings. How did those trucks ever turn a corner.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my, Tell...we just caught up on ur bloggie...let me tell you my heart is still racin'...first Cap scarin' ur mom half to death...and then that kitty...Pansy? um...her fur...it's like been hit with a machette...I was terrierfied to say the least.

How old is Cap, Tell?? Wow...I think I have to go and rest or somethin'. AND we had a thunderstorm here today...I was still shakin' from that....

Big Wings, Tell...you can fly many places with big wings...

Lacie

Toby Tibet said...

Hey Tell,
That is one big airplane wing....kinda scares ya seein' stuff that big travelin' down the road....hope everything has settled down there for ya all there...and I think ya would look swell on a big rig...oh and I'm makin' the rounds since Dewey is feelin poorly right now but he should be better soon. Keep on truckin'...

Waggy tails,
Toby

Urban Smoothie Read said...

that was super looooong...

Eric said...

Well that's pretty scary if they make planes like those hooman airplane kits . . the ones my hooman friend Jack makes are always falling to pieces . . .
Aire Ruby has to be the best . . I'm not going to let the 2 leggeds go on a plane again and we should warn Asta up n over too don't you think?

Wiry wags pal. Enjoy dreamin the life of a trucker. Eric

Agatha and Archie said...

Wow that was cool..we have never seen anything like that! We get the big tankers hauling stuff on the ocean..now that's a thought tell..we could all travle across country on a big truck and when we got tired of that go out to sea!!! Love A+A

Harry said...

Excellent photos. I bet you did a double take when you saw those trucks!

Toodle pip
Harry x

Koobuss said...

Wow! Now, that's a TRUCK!!!!


Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie