Followers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Move Over, You Know I Like the Window

Here in Oklahoma, we've been getting lots of rain this week. More expected tomorrow, too. It's been so wet that my grass allergies are terrible, so it was decided that I needed to visit the vet again. I don't mind going at all. In fact, I love any excuse to ride in the pickup. But this time was different. I got my feet and legs wet wading through the grass this morning on my outing, so I had to ride in the floor. Well, that's just no place for a dog like me. I know the leather seats are nice and clean, but that's MY spot you're sitting in. Even batting my puppydog eyes and making whistling noises through my nose didn't help. I was glad when that ride was over.
We soon got to the bottom of my itching problem. My new bottles of antigen came in, and there was a different schedule and dosage. Mom, being the goofy goose she is, didn't read the new instructions and underdosed me. Now I'm back on schedule and should start feeling better soon. Remember, always read the instructions! Ya listenin', Mom?
When we got back home, we found out our Yorkshire sow was having her babies. Yes, new porkers on the farm, and aren't they cuties? These babies are only minutes old. That little one hasn't even gotten his land legs yet, but it didn't take them long to find the heat lamp and cuddle under it. All together there were sixteen babies. Wow!
There were some closes guesses at last week's antique. That leather and chain combination is a set of bull blinders. They are used to cover the bull's eyes so he'll behave himself and be easier to manage. My question is, if you have a cantakerous and ornery bull, just how do you get the blinders on him? I'd like to see that!
~Tell

8 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

The baby piggies are adorable! Are they fun to play with, Tell?
Aha! So that's what that leather thingy was! Thanks for letting us know!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey Tell,
We're glad your back on track regarding your allergies and the medication. Good luck matie.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Eric said...

I hate rain don't you Tell? We had rain most of this week too. Sad it makes your allergies bad though- did you correct Mom?

Look at those porkers, all pink and cuddly.Do you get to play with them Tell? This little piggy went to....oopsie...maybe not!!!!!

And he,he how funny! This city doggie almost got that antique thingy right on you last bloggie!!

Mind you take your meds. Wags, Eric x

Asta said...

Hi Tell
I think you should be able to sit anywhewe you want..you awe a tewwiew aftew all..

Those awe the cutestpiglets evew..I want to come give them smoochies
love
ASTA

Asta Marie said...

Gee Tell...

Sorry to hear about your allergies but I am glad you now have them under control..

Those baby pigs are so cute...It's been years since Gram saw any but they are just too precious...bet they're fun when they get a little bigger...

Well, we were close on the blinders...right implement....wrong animal.....

Asta Marie, WFT

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Glad to hear your allergies are back under control. I was pretty close with my guess about taking a cow for a walk! Those piglets are cute! J x

Princess Patches said...

Hi Tell! Those piggies sure are cute! I bet they'll be lots of fun when they get a little bigger. We missed your latest guessing game, but our dad knew what they were. He's an old farm boy. Glad you got your allergies under control. We seem to have an outbreak of hot spots here...Penny has one and now Patches does too.

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh the baby piggies are so cute..

Glad that your allergies are under control now

~ Girl girl