Followers

Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Little More Wiry Today

If you read my last post, you know how much I love to escape from the yard and run free. It's hard to resist all those tantilizing new smells that come along in the springtime. I get excited just thinking about it. Actually, I've escaped four times in the past three days and I'm loving every minute of it!

Mom says it's not a safe thing to do, even though we live in the country. My Boy says that if a car doesn't run over me on the road, a coyote or a Sasquatch will get me. I'm pretty sure I can outrun them all, so I'm not worried. My Family is not very happy with my newfound freedom, though. Mom is frustrated and at her wit's end, and My Boy is worried. But hey, I'm a dog and gotta have fun!

My newest method of escape saves me lots of time and energy better spent on exploring. I run at the fence, jump and ollie over. It only takes an instant. Nothing can stop me now. Glynn and Cap can't do it, so I'm pretty much on my own then. I don't mind, though. Once I'm over the fence, I've got it made.

That is, until today. Mom and My Boy spent some time reinforcing the fence. I watched as they attached a wire to the top all the way around and hooked it to a box. One skinny little wire. Do they think that's gonna hold me back? Don't think so. Not a chance. I'm much too good for that. If it won't hold water, it won't hold me, I say.

I waited until they went back in the house, then I made a dash for the fence. Up, up, up and...

SNAP!!!

I can't actually say what happened, because it was all so fast. My nose tingled all the way to my toes, and I forgot what I was doing for a second. My hair may be a little more wiry than before, too. I believe I will have to sit back and study this little wire and think about it before I try it again. Wouldn't want to mess up my brain cells or anything like that. I think it did affect my hearing, because I thought I heard Cap laughing.

So if anyone is looking for me, I'll be digging under the maple tree. I don't think trees have been known to snap pups on the nose, have they?
~Tell

12 comments:

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i love running wild too... but luckily there isn't any coyote or a Sasquatch here...

Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey did your pinkies electify your fence...ours have threatened to do that to our pen too because Tess can climb over too easily.
Tell, you can't keep escaping matie. It just isn't safe.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah

Princess Patches said...

Tell, they are only doing what's best for you because they love you! I know it's "shocking", but it's for your own good! I don't think you want to tangle with a coyote and a Sasquatch probably thinks you are dinner! Stay inside the fence! And have a pawsome weekend!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

Jake of Florida said...

Tell, Tell, Tell -- Our Mom almost had a heart attack when JH ran away from home for four minutes -- and the only thing that saved her was that he came back looking very pleased with himself. I can only imagine how your Mom must feel if you've escaped four times in three days.

We wires love to run, it's true -- but you have to think of your family who love you.

Would you come back on your own? or would you run as fast and as far as you can?

Not such a cool idea, pal. I know we wires have to stick together -- but we don't think it's a very good idea to be testing fate and to be ignoring your family's concerns.

Jake

Molly the Airedale said...

Bummer about the electric fence, Tell, but you do know that it's because it's for your own good and they love you, right?!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee Tell....if I read between the lines, I think ya got electrified...wow....bummer...low blow....not fair....think yer roaming days are over, Man.....But then ya can't be out on the road and get hit by a car...ya would be flat then....not a pretty sight. Dig under the tree...it's safer.

Dewey Dewster here....

Agatha and Archie said...

Oh dear Tell,Please be carefull...We think you should stay at home(or if you keep trying your hair will get even curlier) Love A+A

Eric said...

Tell, Yikes that's a scarey fence but not as scarey as being lost or squished by a Sasquatch (what is that??) Stay safe at home pal and bloggie to us doggies!!

Wags Eric

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh boy. Do becareful where you're running to

~ Girl girl

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

What's a sasquatch? Sounds kinda scary, but not as scary as your new electric fence! I used to be able to jump pretty high before my neck problems. J x

Lenny said...

Hey Tell! I'm sure you'll solve this one too and be able to jump over again. That's impressive lift you've got!

Watch out for those Sasquatches!

Your friend, Lenny

Hero said...

I understand why you'd want to run away. The unlimited freedom is exhilerating for any dog!!! However, your family is doing the right thing in trying to keep you from running away again. It would be terrible if you met up with a car or a coyote during one of your runs. Stay safe so you can stick around many years for your family and for all your doggy pals!

Hero