Followers

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

For Dear Oscar

This poem is for my friend, Oscar, who left us too young...

HAVE YOU A DOG IN HEAVEN?
Have you a dog in Heaven, Lord? And do you pat its head?
Does he sit up and beg each night before he goes to bed?
Does he look up with shining eyes when he sees Your smilling face?
Does he wag his stubby little tail when he wants to run a race?

Have You a dog in Heaven, Lord? Is there room for just one more?
Cause my little dog died today; he'll be waiting at Your door.
Please take him into Heaven, Lord. And keep him there for me,
Just feed him, pet him, love him, Lord,
That's all he'll ask of Thee.

by Jean McColgan

4 comments:

Gus said...

Thank you, I had not seen that poem in a long time, and I do like it a lot. Thanks for sharing it and reminding me

Molly the Airedale said...

Oscar was a great friend! He'll be missed forever!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

What a lovely poem. We'll all miss Oscar. J x

Agatha and Archie said...

What a lovely poem.......Agatha + Archie